Saturday, April 10, 2010

Check, Check

Sleeping bag check
Thermarest check
First Aid Kit check
Clothes check
Passport check
Nerves of steel hmmmmm
Tax returns done? just printed off
Last minute instructions for pet & plants so they survive while I am away... on deaf ears (plants will come back and pet will make noise so all should be good on return!)

The list could go on and on but I have to say I made a list tonight for purchasing three (only three!!! Possibly only two) more items and I will be ready to head out. I have to admit I was quite anxious two weeks ago but in the midst of all the things that needed to get checked off my lists, I took two hours to watch "Mr. Holland's Opus" (I loved this movie) right after lunch then went out for dinner with some wonderful friends that night. That settled me down even when I was worried about the wrong title on my airline ticket (fixed very easily by my travel agent) and about the weight of my pack and having all necessary items (all worked out) plus making the "to do" list smaller (some things will just have to wait). Since that fantastic Friday, I have been as cool as a cucumber (mostly) and I have actually been enjoying my preparation - even teaching the boys how to budget at the grocery store (just in case) and picking up all the mail (personal, company, hockey, soccer)! They will be fine (even if things are not done my way!) and this will be such a good experience for me to really let go. And things will get done (or maybe not); who knows? maybe our home will be in better order and cleaner upon my return... When I am in Nepal among the Nepalese and the mountains, I will hopefully learn there are more important things to dwell on. To take each moment as it comes. To live in the moment here and now...

Well, two more sleeps so I better sign off and let the first of those sleeps begin.

Linda

2 comments:

  1. Aw man, I missed your call and you're likely in Khatmandu by now....well I am wishing you safe travels and know that I am with you every step of the way. Keep your chin up always, I want to hear about all that you saw! Love you.....Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi to bevy from arnie and joan...big hug

    ReplyDelete